Thursday, January 24, 2013

Learning

Hi again,

Another great sketch!  I submitted this layout at Let's Capture Our Memories for their Sketch #3.
Here's the sketch:


This is what I created:
This is our grandson at a Cub Scout event which was going on at the same time as the Boy Scout Camporee (which I was at).  I was so excited to be able to check out what he was doing while the boys from our Troop were doing other activities.  He was glad to have his Grammie there too!  I could tell, because he was always searching the crowd looking for me.  It was the cutest!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Stickers Title: Karen Foster Design
Sharpie Marker
Cardstock Fish hook: Fresh Cuts
Distressing
Safety Pin
"Cub Scouts" Sticker: It takes two
Scallop Border: Creative Memories Template
 
My journaling strips.  I angled the right side to match the banner above them.
 
These letters are probably geared more towards "school" but I thought they fit perfectly with these photos... as he was learning how to tie knots with the fishing line.
 
I adhered the sticker to cardstock, trimmed it and added a safety pin through the top.
 
The edges were distressed on this cardstock die cut.
 


Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you'll visit again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Libby! Love all the fabulous details you've added to your page! Thanks for playing along with us at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you were there for this. Love the part of your story that he was always searching for you :) & I agree about the letter stickers - they're great here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the sketch.. fun colour combo.. thanks for playing along at LCOM Bev DT

    ReplyDelete