Thursday, January 24, 2013

Max

Hi there,
It was a wonderful scrappy day today!  After the day yesterday, this was well deserved!
On our way to an appointment yesterday, my car just stopped running.  That's it... wouldn't turn over at all.
Luckily someone that knew us stopped and gave us a ride back home.  Then hop into our other vehicle (which just got fixed a couple of days earlier) and head to our appointment once again.  It was a long day for both of us.  My car finally made it to the shop... and now we wait for it to be fixed.  Ugh!

Anyhow, I have lots of layouts to post today and can't wait to share them with you!
I love being able to "whip out" those layouts one right after another!  Sketch challenges are by far my favorites.

Ok, so this layout was submitted at Scrappy Sketches for their Mid Week Sketch 02-13.  Here's the sketch:


Here's my layout:
This is Max, our daughter's little peek-a-poo.  He's such a funny little dog with quite a character too!
This is one of the weekends I babysat him.  I wanted to get a picture of him and I and he's such a wiggle-worm, I ended up sprawled out on the grass, trying to keep him still long enough to get a photo.  Just as I was about to take the photo (on the left), he decided to roll over on his back so his little paw was in my face and he was trying to lick me!  Guess I was fortunate to get this one!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok, Other
Cardstock Die Cuts
Distressing
Metal Wording
Font: Cricut Stamped
Ribbon
String
Paw Prints Gems
Sharpie Marker
 
 For my banner, I used my circle punch to punch circles around the polka dot paper.  The edges were distressed and then were wrapped around the string.
 
Cute little die cut from my stash.  I did some fussy cutting and distressed the edges.  I only adhered the center of the butterfly so the wings would lift off the page.
 
I matted the journaling block and distressed the edges.  A metal piece was added under the journaling.
I added ribbon around the cute little doggie.

 
These paw prints are the cutest!  I have a variety of colors... but pink or green wasn't really going to match!  Thankfully I had two yellow ones.
 
Thought this camera die cut would look cute with this grouping of a flower and dog tag... as well as the title of my page.  The edges of the die cuts were distressed.
 
 Here's a closer look at the journaling block and meta piece.

Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment