Thursday, January 24, 2013

Max & I

Hello,

I have another layout that was submitted at Scrappy Sketches for their Mid Week Sketch 03-13.  
This is the sketch:


And here's what I created:
Here's a better photo of Max and I.  He heard something and that meant only about a two second window to get that photo!  Phew!
While I have lots of photos of Max, our daughter's peek-a-poo, but very few of him and I together and I just had to scrap these.  He's such a funny little dog!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Mesh
Folk Art Paint
Sun: Trace from template
Perfect Pearls Mists
Mister Huey's Color Mists
Distressing
Raffia
Swirls trace from template
Puffy Fabric Heart
Flowers
Gems: Forever in Time
Sizzix Leaf Die
Sharpie Marker
Clear Title Stickers: Miss Elizabeth's
 
I added raffia to the bottom square, under my journaling.  I adhered a small strip of white cardstock under the holes in the border punch.  I liked the white showing through the halls rather than the yellow.
 
I misted the white cardstock with a yellow color.

 
The sun was traced using a template and the edges distressed a bit.  The clear stickers were added on the sun, as my title.
 
The swirls were traced and hand cut.  Flowers were added with gems and a raffia bow.  The leaves were folded upward for some dimension.

 
The fabric heart was a dark red on the backside, so by flipping it over, it became a very light pink.
 
I have two large rolls of mesh that I picked up at a garage sale years ago.  I recently brought them out from "hiding" and put them on my shelf.  The problem is the colors are red and mauve.
Because I wanted to use this on my page, I started out with white paint to cover the original color then used mists and sprays for some color.  I think I'll be using this mesh more often now!  :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment