Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Boyz

Hello,

Here's another layout that was submitted at Stuck On U Sketches for their Jan 13, 2013 Sketch Challenge.
This is the sketch:


Here's what I created:
 Even though Dylan is not my biological little boy, he's still considered "my boy."
This day he and his Uncle Andrew were playing hard all afternoon.  Andrew fell down on the floor, exhausted and pretended to sleep and Dylan hopped on him and rested his head on Andrew's.  My favorite photos!  Their faces are even red from all the fun!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok, Other
Distressing
String
Key
Metal Labels
Metal Train
Cardstock Die Cuts: Webster's Pages
Clear Stickers: Miss Elizabeth's
Hearts & Borders from templates
 
 Here's a close up of my banner.  I notched out the tips of the banners for something different.  The edges were distressed and clear stickers added.

I didn't have the "s" for Boys... so I improvised and used a "z."
 
The heart was traced, matted and distressed along the edges.  The sentiments were cut from pp and adhered behind the labels.  From one label I tied a small key with string.
 
I layered several die cuts and distressed the edges.  I was so excited to find this metal train in my stash and simply adhered it over the printed train on the cardstock.  


Here's a closer look at the metal train.
 
 This border was traced from a template, hand cut and the edges distressed.  This took a bit of time, but I love how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Libby, love the LO, such sweet pictures, good colours to. With all the love, those are you're boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of yummy details here to make this such a fun and interesting page! Thanks for playing along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Libby, and what treasured photo's of your Boyz (love the z). The wee metal train was a great find in your stash. Amazing what we have squirreled away and forgotten about! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "Boyz" layout, Libby!!! :o) You did a wonderful job with the sketch and the photos are too cute!!! Thanks for joining us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a wee late coming by but am glad I did..just a darling project!
    Love the blues and what a photo! Perfect to be scrapped!

    And thank oh so much for having joined us! Hope to see you back for
    our big blog hop! See you then!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete