Friday, January 18, 2013

SWEET Daughter

Hello,

Well, here's my layout that was submitted at Sketches in Thyme for their Sketch #100 Challenge.  This is the 2-page sketch:


Here's what I created:
 
I varied from the sketch a bit, adding another strip of paper on the right side which is where I added journaling.  I didn't want a super large title, so I added a small one in the upper left with a cake die cut in the bottom portion of the title. 

These photos of our daughter are so fun.  She couldn't wait to include the dogs in her Birthday Party and gave them hats to wear too!  It was so cute!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Handmade Papers (not by me)
Cardstock Die Cuts
Watercolor Pencils
Blender Pen
Flowers
Stretch Cording
Gems: Forever in Time
Seam Binding Rosette: Hand Made
Lace
Stickers Title
Sheer Flowers Wire Ribbon
Sharpie marker
Distressing

Several flowers were layered and a bow was added for the center.
 
Lace was added along the top of each page.  The stickers were adhered to cardstock, trimmed and the edges distressed.  The title is on sheer wire ribbon.
 
I used watercolor pencils to trace around the edges of the die cut only so that they would show better.
 
I found this cute cardstock die cut in my stash (after I did some major organizing)!  The color of the words were too light so I colored them lightly with watercolor pencils and used my blender pen.  The edges were distressed.
 
A better look at the lace across the top and my hand made rosette.  The flower gem was added in the center.
 
The larger flower was added on the lower right corner.
 
Tiny flower gems were added to this party hat.
 
I wasn't sure how my journaling would turn out because of writing on this hand made paper.  These papers were purchased in a huge supply of crafts, so the manufacturer is unknown.
 
The left side of my page.
 
The right side of my page.
 
A closer look at the party hat and gems.
 
Three slightly larger flower gems were added on the lace in the upper left corner.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful Layout! The dogs are cool! Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet page and looks like a fun bday!!! way to go!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating in the challenge sketch of SIT ......
    kisses
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Your layout is wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute photos and super cute layout! Love the flower gems on the party hats and lace! Thanks for playing along at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE two-pagers, and this is such a beautiful take on ours! LOVE all the textural bits and pieces! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete