Friday, January 18, 2013

Zonked

Hi there,

Here's another layout that was submitted at Stuck Sketches for their January 15 Sketch Challenge.  This is the sketch:

This is what I created:
Meet Tom, our super fat but happy cat!  He was always such a character, always surprising me with his antics.  I have no idea how he ended up right against the wall with all paws in the air.  The child's chair was keeping him from rolling over!  He looks pretty relaxed though!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper:  DCWV, Colorbok
Circles & Heart traced from template
Circle Brad
Plastic Letters
Distressing
Twine
Gems: Forever in Time
Sharpie Marker
Folk Art Glitter Paint mixed with Red Paint


The circle was distressed and tiny gems were added around it.  I decided on twine for the bow, rather than ribbon.  This suits Tom much better.
 
 I have to review "mixing paints."  This turned out orange!  I used silver glitter paint and mixed RED paint with that, which was added on the underside of each letter.  Guess the problem is with the lightly tinged yellow letters!  I still like how they turned out though.
Here's a couple photos showing a closer look at the letters.



The heart was distressed and two gems added.  I also added the circle brad.
 
A closer look at the gems.  I used a variety of colors that actually came on one card of gems... so that was pretty cool!

Thanks for stopping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment