Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter is SNOW Much Fun!

Hello,

This layout was submitted at Colorful Creations for their Random Wednesday Challenge (RWJAN).

The challenge was to use:
1.  Winter photos
2.  The word "Snow" on your layout
3.  Your choice of 3 of the following:
Chipboard
Brads
Eyelets
Ribbon
Felt
Border Punch
Die Cuts
Stickers
Buttons
Glitter/Stickles
Bling
Vellum


This is what I created, using a C.C. sketch by Rochelle Spears.
 
This is our son during a Boy Scout Winterama event at a local State Park.

I used:
Brads, Stickers, Border Punch, Ribbon and Chipboard.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Foam Glitter Snowflake
Gold Snowflake Brads
Clear Stickers: Miss Elizabeth's
Fiskars Border Punch
Sharpie Marker
Sheer Ribbon
Gold Wire Ribbon
Glitter Chipboard (the word "Snow")
Title Block traced with Nestabilities Die
Distressing
Border traced from template
 
I traced around a Nestabilities die, hand cut and distressed the edges for my title block.  The sentiment was whole, so I cut it in half and added the word "Snow" in between the words.

 
 The border was traced from a template and also distressed.  Along the left side I added gold wire ribbon under the paper, so only the circle punches were showing the ribbon.

I added the journaling under the photo and I used a border punch along the bottom of this paper strip.
 
This large snowflake is foam and loaded with glitter.  So cool!  I simply added a gold brad snowflake in the center.  The edges that were overlapping were cut flush with the background paper.
 
Additional gold brads were added randomly on the snowflakes which were part of the background paper.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment