Friday, February 15, 2013

Blog Hop!!

Hi there!

I was so excited to be asked to participate in The Home and Scrapped "February = Love" Blog Hop!
Sure hope you'll stick around to see my projects and read a few tid-bits about me.

You should have arrived here from Kerri's wonderful blog.  If you would like to get back to the beginning of the blog hop, just click here (and you will be directed to Angie's blog).

As you hop along the way, you'll find clue words on each member's blog (which will be in BOLD letters). Once you have gathered all the words, which spell out a sentence or quote, send Heather a private message (PM).  Here's the direct link to her page.  Under her profile photo you will see "Send a Message" which you will click on to send her your answers.

There will a variety of games and challenges sure to provide lots of fun and if you complete all the tasks successfully, a winner of the hop will be randomly selected to win this beautiful collection of flowers made by our own Heather Waldron.


Isn’t this gorgeous?  This could be yours!  Come on… what are you waiting for… get hopping! 

Remember, you must be a member of Home and Scrapped.  It's very easy.  Also, it isn’t required, but wouldn’t it be wonderful to become a follower of each of the members hosting this blog hop?  Leaving them some love would also be a wonderful gesture… after all, we all love kind comments.

So, make sure you visit the entire listing of hop members as some are hosting additional blog challenges during the hop and offering their own goodies for you.  The more you play, the more chances you have to win!  How cool is that?

All blog hop entries are due by Midnight, Wednesday, February 20, 2013.  You have lots of time to check everything out and at the same time get some projects completed!

And now for a few inspiration projects that I’m hoping will spark an idea or two for you.
 
Before we get to my projects though, I thought it would be fun to share a few interesting things about me.  Did you know….

1.     I like things “just so” and this has carried on to my layouts, cards and other projects I create.
2.     I worked in an office for 19 years.
3.     I became a Grammie at the age of 38.
4.     Our two kids are 10 years apart and another 10 years later our grandson was born!

It's always fun to read some interesting, fun and little-known facts about our members!

Now on to my projects:
 Here's a "Love U" tag:
  
 Paper is Momenta.  Vellum was added under the title, which was torn and distressed.  Rick rack is along the left side and at the top of the tag.  I lightly inked the edges of the title and the top of it.  Then my favorites were added... bling and flowers!
 
 Here's a closer look at the the left side of my tag.


My next project is a cute little gift box.  I used the same papers, so the tag and this box could be a set.
After cutting out the box I used a ruler to "score" all the lines and the edges were lightly inked.  I simply put the ruler where the fold was to go and folded the paper up along the ruler.  Something I find quicker to do than using my scoring board.
 
Here's a photo with the top of the box opened.

This is the back of the box.  I added this cute hearts ribbon and two flowers with bling.
 
 Yes, it's empty!  I must find some goodies to fill it!  :)
 
Here's a close up of the front of the box.  I used a cardstock heart die cut that was in my stash for quite some time.  The edges were distressed and the leaves folded a bit for some dimension.  A "Love" brad was added in the center of the flower and more flowers and bling.

And, my final project is a center step card.  If you've never made one of these I encourage you to give it a try... they're so fun... really, they are!  There are all sorts of free templates on line.
 Papers are DCWV and Colorbok.  Love the hearts ribbon... it was fun adding this to the "steps" of my card.  The hearts are glitter foam and on top of the hearts is a very thin mesh aluminum-like sheets that are shiny red.  So cool!

Here's a side view, giving you a different look at my card.
 
Here's a straight-on look at my card.  I had so much fun putting this together!  :)

 Here's the inside of my card.  The paper doily was misted with Perfect Pearls Mists (Forever Red & Heirloom Gold).  I added the mesh on top of the heart and along the sides of the card.





Here's a better look at the hearts on the front of my card.

The sentiment was stamped in the lower left with A la mode Red ink.

The ribbon was folded to show these two hearts then scrunched all along the side.
 
Gotta love bling!  I do anyway! 

I'd also like to share an inspirational quote with you:

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."
-Lao Tzu

I hope you enjoyed my projects.
Now hop on over toe Liz's wonderful blog to see what she has in store for you.

Below is the lineup in case you get lost along the way.  Have fun!

Angie
Heather
Kerri
P B Libby - You are here!
Liz
Mary B
Melissa
Sarah

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Libby thanks for playing along with the blog hop! Not so easy for you being in a different time zone!

    I hope you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects Libby, thanks for sharing. I love that sequin waste you used on your final project, it's so effective. With a family that spread out, there must always be something interesting happening around them. Thanks for playing along in the Hop, hope you have a happy scrappy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lovely projects there. Thanks for joining in the blog hop and look forward to seeing more of your work now I am following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your projects with us they are all very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Libby
    Love your blog and your projects are gorgeous!!
    Thanks for joining in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects, I like Polly as a name, my nickname is Dolly and a cousin calls me Molly !
    Thanks for joining in on the blog hop,looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work
    Mary ( yes that is my real name, confusing hey )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Libby,
    You are a very busy person, great blog you have here with all your beautiful pages and cards. Glad you joined us this month for our Cyper CRop.

    ReplyDelete