I don't know who "ordered" this wind... wow! We had some snow yesterday and again today, which was fine. After all it is our winter season. But then came the winds! It's so bad they have issued a "Blizzard Warning" for our area. Total white-out conditions from the wind blowing the snow. Yikes!
Here's a sample:
And here's a photo of our dog after following hubby for awhile out there in that wild weather.
She wasn't happy with me at this moment... all she wanted to do was go inside but instead, I made her sit so I could get this cute photo! :)
Ok, so now on to the layout that I'd like to share with you today... as I'm all bundled up on the couch with my wool sweater on!!
This layout was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Guest Designer (Mandy Dodd) Technique Challenge (GDT4). Her challenge was to "create a background" for your layout.
I chose a technique from a previous challenge for my Art Journal at Soul Scrappers. I dug into my scrap stash and pretty much just pulled out various papers and ripped them into pieces then adhered them to my page. What's fun about this is you don't even need to think about it... just glue them down in whatever way they land when you're grabbing pieces. It's pretty fun actually. When it dried... I added a "white wash" over the whole page using a sponge brush. White wash is watered down white paint.
Here's what I created:
Here's Dylan and I several years ago. He's such a little character... always making "faces" whenever the camera came out!! :)
Various Paper Scraps
Title Stickers: Miss Elizabeth's
Stars: Sanook Paper Co.
Rub on Heart
Perfect Pearls Mists
Sketch: Stickers N Fun (Nov 2008)
Here's a portion of the right side of my page.
I believe the stars are made from mulberry papers. They're so cool! I only adhered them in the centers so they would be lifted off the page a bit. The whole background page was misted as well as the title block.
Once the letters were adhered the block was distressed and then misted.
I added a cute little heart rub on on this star and adhered it with a pop dot.
Ribbon was added under the photo. Each layer was distressed and misted.
Here's a look at the left side of my page.
The circle was traced from a template and the edges distressed.
Two strips of ribbon were added off the left of the title block.
Thanks for taking a look at my Blog!