Monday, February 4, 2013

Favorite Doll

Hi there,

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Rochelle Spears for the February Color Combo Challenge.
Here's the color palette:

A few of her blog rules:
Create a layout using the colors above, become a follower of Rochelle's blog and create a traditional layout.  The deadline for submissions is Feb 27th.


This is what I created:
I used all the colors from the palette and used a sketch from Stickers N Fun (Oct 2008).

This is our dear daughter when she was almost 2 years old.  She was always carrying around a doll and this one was almost the same size as her!  She loved (and still loves) posing for a photo!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, Other
Distressing
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Recycled Scarf
Flowers & Leaves
Flower Wire "Pieces"
Snow Globe Glitter Gems: Forever in Time
Color Mists: Wilton - Pearl
Perfect Pearls Mists
Title Stickers: Miss Elizabeth's

 
I purchased this scarf at a garage sale a few years ago and it's been sitting in my stash for awhile.  It looks perfect on this page... as least I think so.  :)
 
Here's a look at the right side of my page. You can see the misting and distressing and I used a border punch along the bottom portion of the page.
 
I love it when I find the "perfect" items to add to my page... and the right colors too!
There are slight variances in the letter colors and I stayed close to the color palette.
From the scarf, which had long fringes, I made the bows.
 
Here's a look at the left side of my page, which gives you a great look at the misting.
 

Here's the flower grouping in the upper right of the photo grouping.  The curly wire flower pieces were tucked under the flower and leaf.  I added a border punch along the top portion of the paper strip.
 
Snow globe glitter gems were added in the flower centers.
 
Here's a closer look at the wire flower pieces which were from a bouquet.
 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

  1. very nice layout! love how you incorporated the scarf in you layout! Thank you for playing along with my challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete