Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Florida Fun

Hello!
As cold as it was today my craft room was a sauna!  It was the best thing ever.  The sun was shining through the window and I got lots of Vitamin D!  Hee hee!  :)

The layout I'm sharing today was submitted at Let's Scrap at the end of January, for their Sketch Challenge.

Here's the sketch:
1-23-13

And here's what I created.  
This layout was also FEATURED on Let's Scrap!  
So totally exciting!! 
 Andrew and I had a blast in Florida!  These are only a few of the photos that were taken.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok, Other
Shapes: Cricut George & Basic Shapes
Font: Cricut Stamped
Flowers
Gems
Distressing
Rub ons
Swirls
Sharpie Marker
Word Strips
 
Various shapes were added beside the page title.   
 
I "found" these paper word strips in my stash.  I knew I had them but, boy, it took me awhile to actually get my hands on them!!  I've placed them on one of my shelves... so I can see them and maybe use them a bit more.  The edges of each strip were distressed.
 
Rub ons were added randomly onto shapes.
 
 I labeled each photo with a letter and then added those letters below the photo on the second page, telling a little about each photo and the date.
 
I used the really fine lettering with my Cricut for the subtitle.
 
The swirls under the flowers were traced from a template and the edges distressed.  Large blue flowers were added and smaller ones randomly around the swirls.
 
I added a rub on heart in the lower right.

 
Each circle was distressed and once again, rub ons added randomly onto the shapes.
 
Here's a better look at all the circles.  The shapes inside the circles were not distressed.
 
This is a look at the title side of my page.
 


Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment