Sunday, February 3, 2013

Her Day

Hi there,

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

I just had to say that.  :)
Who's gonna win... Ravens or 49ers?  Who are you rooting for?

I have a few layouts to share.  And my first one was a submission at Archi-scraps for their February inspiration photo.  This is the photo:
And the criteria:
Use a close up of a person (head & shoulders)... and bling.

Pretty easy, right?
This is what I created, using a sketch from Scrap Friends.
I was inspired by the blue and the head... which looks like it's full of "layers."
This is our daughter right after her graduation from Basic Training.  It was a cold, rainy day but nothing was going to stop her smile!  This was "her day" to shine.  She did it... and we are so proud of her!!  She wanted it, she went for it and she got it!  Which proves that if you really want something bad enough, never give up... because you're on your way to getting it!!

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co.
Various Flowers
Magic Mesh
Snow Globe Glitter Gems: Forever in Time
Pearl
Bling: Forever in Time
"Milestones" Metal Tag
Ribbon
Architexture Stone: Sticko
Color Mist: Wilton
Perfect Pearls Mists: Blue Smoke
Distressing
Tag
Recycled Gem
Title Stickers: Forever in Time

Love these foil embossed stickers!  They're so elegant!
 
 A larger flower was tucked behind the photo and a gem was added for the center.  Great find in my stash, I believe this gem is from a necklace or earrings.  Swirly bling was added under each flower.  A glitter gem was added for the smaller flower.

Rather than take this flower apart, like I usually do, I thought it looked better intact.  I snipped off the stem in the back and glued the flower center in place.  The clear plastic string with pearls was added under the flower. 
 
 This large "leaf" was actually from a bouquet of large flowers.  They're absolutely beautiful as leaves.
 
 I used a smaller petal as another leaf under this grouping and various flowers and gems.
 
 here's a look at the right side of my page.  Under the "leaf" I added a texture shape/hinge, which was misted and tucked under the flowers.  On top of that I added a metal tag which says, "milestones" and added a knotted ribbon to that.

 
 I recently purchased large paper doilies and used one as a stencil for my page and misted it.  Love how this turned out!  It's a very subtle mist, so it's not too drastic for my layout.
 
 Lots of layers here with the journaling block distressed along the edges.
 
Here's the misting on the lower left of my page.
 
A closer look at the flowers.  I decided to add a touch of pink with this single flower and a pearl added to its center.
 
 A better look at this beautiful blue flower.
       
 A strip of Magic mesh was used under all the layers.  The small tag was misted and a ribbon, which was cut in half, was knotted through the hole.  The ribbon was too wide for the tag, so I cut it in half.  It shredded a bit, but it still works!
  
 I was trying to get a better shot of the texture shape buried under the flowers... but that didn't work out very well.  It's a pretty cool circle/hinge, which was all white, so I added several mists on it.

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment