Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gym Show

Hi there,

Woo hoo!  My layout was FEATURED (see below)!  How exciting is that?  I'm totally thrilled!!

This is the layout that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their "So You Think You Can Scrap" Challenge (SYTYCS05) - Week 5.  The deadline is February 7th.  I'm so happy to still be in the running.

A little info about this challenge:
Basically, each week a new challenge is posted and your layout must follow the guidelines to remain in the running.  A simple mistake overlooked can get you "out of the game."  It's a bit stressful.  I keep checking and re-checking everything before I post... but it's totally fun too!  I look forward to what challenge is next and hope I can remain in the running until it gets down to the "nitty gritty!"  :)

First off, here's the sketch for this week's challenge:
And here's the additional challenges you must add to your page:
Distressing, a recycled item and tearing.

This is what I created:
This is our grandson having fun and showing some skills using the parachute.  He was so excited to do this!  Each year the elementary level grades show their skills with various activities... such as tumbling, general gymnastics, basketball skills and fun games.  They have so much fun and it really is fun to watch!

** I used the sketch, distressing, paper tearing and recycled items.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, Debbie Mumm, Other
*Distressing
*Tearing
*Recycled Bread Ties
Buttons
Glitter Foam Shapes
Numbered squares cut from pp
Sharpie Marker
Dressmaking tool to paint circles
Folk Art White Paint
Plastic Word Squares
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Puffy Fabric heart
Rub ons
Folder Tab Stencil: Paper Pizazz

 The numbered squares were distressed along the edges.  Various buttons were added and a plastic word tile.  I found a container of various foam shapes and decided they would look so cool and add even more fun to my page.
 
 I added a red bread tie to one of the foam swirls.  A couple rub on zig zag strips were added onto the bread tie.  I have to add that rub ons don't work very well on this type of plastic.  I thought I was going to rub the "tool" into a new shape!  A popsicle stick worked a bit better, but I sure got my workout on this tiny bread tie!  :)

The folder tab was traced using a stencil and the edges distressed and was tucked under the yellow torn paper.
 
Above the photos is another grouping of buttons and foam shapes.  I added a white bread tie to this swirl and a puffy fabric heart.  I had to add a "heart" because, after all, it's my grandson!!  :)
 
The circle was matted and tucked under the torn piece of paper.  This photo shows a great look at the paint marks which were created using a dressmaker's tool/wheel.  So cool.  I ran the wheel through the paint and made a circle with it, going over it several times so it would show up better.
 
The journaling strips were cut wider so I could add two lines per strip.  The edges were distressed and after they were adhered to the page, I ran my hand over the strips to turn some edges.
 
Here's a different angle of the buttons and fun goodies!  Loved the little orange bear, so I added it on top of the button and foam swirl.  The word tile was also added on top of a couple buttons.
 
Here's a closer look at the rub ons onto the bread tie, paper tearing and distressing.

A star rub on was added on this white bread tie.  The other "marks" on the tie is from another rub on gone bad!  So I scraped it off with my fingernail and tried again!  Good grief!!
 
These foam shapes were self-adhesive, which made it so easy to adhere them!
 
 
I couldn't resist and had to add the #6, tucking it under the photo... for Dylan's age at this time.  :)
 

Thanks for stopping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment