Monday, March 11, 2013

Awe-Inspiring View

Hi there!
Guess I'll start with, "Happy Monday to you."  Do you dislike Monday's as bad as I do?  I've always struggled with Mondays... it's so hard to get back in the swing of things after weekends.  Even though I'm no longer working, I still find myself not being crazy about Mondays.  But I hope you're having a good day.

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their Word Prompt Wednesday (WPW1).

The challenge this week is to use the word "AWE" on your project.

Using a sketch from Scrap-a-Little by Helen Croft (#1), this is what I created:
It's sad that I didn't write anything on the back of this photo, so I have no idea where it was taken or the date!  But I still love the photo and glad I found it for this challenge.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Ribbon
String Pearls
Various Flowers & Gems
Rosettes: Hand Made
Glitter Swirl Sticker
Wood Dragonfly Sticker
Paper Doily
Perfect Pearls Mist: Biscotti
Mister Huey's Color Mist: Shine
Clear Glitter Stickers Title
 
 There will be several photos of the flowers, in several photos, so keep looking!
  The pearls were swirled under the flowers.  I made the ribbon rosettes and seam binding rosettes.  So fun to make... and so easy too!

Love these cute glitter stickers.  There was no dash in between Awe "-" Inspiring, so I cut a letter that I didn't think was used as often (the "Z"), using only the bottom portion of it for the dash.

Here's a look at the right side of my page.

The string pearls were rolled between my fingers until they looped the way I wanted them under the photo.  If the pearls didn't look right, I just untwisted everything and started over!



Here's the cute wooden dragonfly.  It's self-adhesive too... just peel and stick!  Who doesn't love that, right?

This photo gives you a peek at the glitter swirls that I added under the flowers.  The swirls were so pretty, but a bit wide and I didn't want them to overpower the page, so I added lots of flowers over it, letting only bits showing here and there.

The upper portion of my page has a doily tucked under the photo.  The doily was misted with two different mists.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment