Monday, March 11, 2013

Camp Layout and Accordion Tag Album

Hello,

Yesterday, I uploaded my 8th Quote Challenge (QC21) at Soul Scrappers, which I am hosting.  Here's the quote I chose:

"Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life."
-Author Unknown

The challenge is to use this Quote somewhere on your project... any project of your choice.  The deadline for submissions is April 1st.

You can join in on the fun too.  Just click here to get to the Soul Scrappers site and become a member, which is easy and FREE... and you'll get to check out all the fun challenges.

Usually I only complete one example, but to hopefully show more versatility in quotes, I chose to complete two projects.

Here's my first example:
This is Andrew and I at Boy Scout Camp a few years ago.  We had so much fun together those few years we went to Camp.

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co., Other
"Memories" Sticker: K&Co.
Tag: EK Success
Stickers
Washi Tape: Home Made
Perfect Pearls Mists: Heirloom Gold & Mint
Distress Stain: Tim Holtz
 
 The sticker title was matted and misted.

Thought this sticker was appropriate for my page.  Love the slight embossing which makes it look like leather.

After printing my quote onto white cardstock, I realized the "white" was too bright, so I stained over it and misted it.

This is my home made washi tape.  So easy to make... scotch tape, an old magazine and a dish of water. I adhere it to my page with vellum adhesive.

I added a tree sticker peeking out from behind the tag.

Love this tag, which came in a huge purchase of scrapbooking supplies purchased from a friend.


Here's a better look at the misting.


This is my second project for my challenge.  I decided on an accordion tag album.
The one side of my album.  The quote is on the front.  I used a variety of flowers and gems, ribbons and rub ons.  Some pearls were used on the front tag.  Ribbon was stapled at the top of the front and back tags.
 
 
Here's the other side of my tag album.  Photos are from different years... all my favorites.  This is proudly displayed in my living room for everyone to see!
 

I used cheesecloth under the quote and string pearls above and below the ribbon.  Rub ons help to fill in the empty spaces.



Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog.
Have a wonderful day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment