Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Band

Hi!

I have another layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Around the World 3 Challenge (ATW3).

We are provided with several photos from a different Country each month and we're to create a project from the inspiration from these photos.

Here are this month's inspiration photos from Ireland:

 

 

Aren't these beautiful photos?

I drew inspiration from the first photo of people playing musical instruments.  I was inspired by:
1.  The colors of brown and black.
2.  The musical instruments.
3.  The large letters in the background (the reason why I used the swirls on my page).

This is my layout:
These photos are of our son and his best friend marching in their High School Band for the Memorial Day Parades.  They were both asked to play TAPS, which was so totally cool!

Supplies used:
Paper: Kraft, Colorbok, Other
Perfect Pearls Mists: Heirloom Gold
Stickers: Creative Imaginations
Stars: Cut from pp
Pop Dots

The swirls were cut from pp.  I love these swirls!  The background paper was misted.
The stars were cut from the pp and adhered only in the centers, so the tips would remain lifted off the page.  The sticker title was adhered onto black cardstock, trimmed and added on top of the stars with pop dots.
 
 I did the same with these stickers... adhering them onto black cardstock and adhering them to the page with pop dots.

Here's a better look at the gold swirls along the right of my page.

I adhered an additional two stars on the lower corner of the photo.
  
 
A closer look at my title.

This photo shows how the stickers are lifted off the page with pop dots.


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment