Tuesday, March 26, 2013

LOVE

Hello,

Usually Monday is my yucky day... but today... well, this day really takes the cake, as they say!!  Good grief... I've been so "confused" today!  It's driving me crazy.  I've been working on several projects at once and getting them all mixed up... and my desk was totally covered with papers and projects!  Ugh!

Then I decide to COOK (cabbage rolls)!  I was seriously nervous about it.  Thank goodness I didn't burn anything or leave an ingredient out.  That's about the only thing I did right today!  And it actually tasted yummy!

So I asked my hubby if he wanted a dessert.... then I go upstairs and totally forget about making the dessert!  He finally yells, "Well, are you making it?"  Oh yeah... I forgot!  It gets worse.  I came downstairs and in that short span of time, I forgot what I was supposed to do!  Wow!  This is not my day!

I will be glad when this day is over!

Now I'm going to tackle a few posts.  Wish me luck!

This layout was submitted at Colorful Creations for their March Inspired Challenge (tabmar).  Here's the photo to inspire you and create a project with this inspiration.
 

Using a sketch from Scrap-a-Little #30 by Helen Croft, this is what I created:
Our daughter holding her new little baby brother.  So sweet!

I was inspired by the soft colors and lace doily from the inspiration photo.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Paper Doily
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Ribbon
Flowers
Pearls
Pearl Color Mist: Wilton
Perfect Pearls Mist: Mint
Mister Huey's Color Mist: Shine
Buttons
Stickers Title
Clear Embossing Powder
Sharpie Marker

I used these cute little circle letter stickers for my title.  They had soft colors too, which worked perfectly with my page.

 I added a small strip of punched border along the left of the photo.

Rather than leave the ribbon flat to the page, I decided to make a few loops to add some interest to the ribbon.

I tucked a doily under the photo and added flowers and pearls.

I added the buttons on the upper right of the photo.


Here's a closer look at the flowers.  I misted them with several mists before adding the pearls.

I misted the paper doily and added embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Something different I thought I'd try.  Love how it turned out.  You can see some of the shine on the flowers from the mist.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment