Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beautiful Fall Leaves

Hello!
I hope you're enjoying your Thursday.  
I'm getting excited for the Colorful Creations Pot of Gold Crop THIS weekend, March 8-10, 2013.
I sure hope you'll stop by to check it out.  There will be all sorts of challenges (and we all love a challenge, right?), inspiration and games too!
Hope to see you there!


Here's my layout for today, which was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Seasons Challenge (SGC1).

The challenge:
1.  Create a single or double page layout.
2.  Your creation can be traditional, digital or hybrid.
3.  Be sure to make it clear which SEASON you have chosen through your pictures, your journaling and embellies.
4.  Include the name of the season in the title of your page.
5.  Use at least two stickers or other embellies to help add interest.

This is what I created:

I chose a sketch from Stickers N Fun (Sept 2008).
This is my sister and I and my daughter on a beautiful Fall day... as you can tell from all the beautiful leaves on the ground around us and trees behind us.

I used:
1.  Single page layout.
2.  Traditional page.
3.  The "season" is clearly visible from the photo and the leaves I've added.
4.  I've included the season name in my title.
5.  The title is sticker squares and other embellies are the ribbons, paper bubbles under the photo and leaves.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Ribbon
Leaves
Paper Bubbles
Stickers Title
Paper Tearing
Color Mist: Wilton Gold
Perfect Pearls Mist: Biscotti



The leaves were misted with both mists.

 I used two colors of ribbon to emphasize the yellow leaves from the photo.

 
All papers were misted with both mists.  You're able to get a good look at it in these two photos.
 

I'm not sure what they are "officially" called... so all I could think of was "paper bubbles."  They're really cute.  They were in a jar of embellies I purchased at a craft fair last year.

I knew I didn't want just another plain, straight title, so, using a couple large circle templates that I had, I placed them where I wanted the title and added the stickers just above the circles.  Really love how this turned out.
 
 A closer look at the leaves shows the misting on them.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment