Saturday, March 9, 2013

Soccer

Hi there!
Happy Saturday to you!  I hope you're having a fun, relaxing day.

I have some wonderful news!  I made it to WEEK 10 at Colorful Creations for their So You Think You Can Scrap Challenge!!  Woo hoo!  So super excited!  I've been working on this a good part of the day.

So this week, the challenge was a bit harder.  You MUST use EVERYTHING listed below:

1.  Double page sketch
2.  Recycled packaging (the packaging embellies come in)
3.  Fussy cutting
4.  Distressing
5.  No more than 3 patterned papers
6.  Stay true to the sketch

Here's the sketch:

 This is what I created:
These are photos of Andrew from each year playing soccer in High School.

Ok, this is what I used for the challenge:

1.  I stayed true to the sketch and using the 2-page layout.

2.  Recycled packaging: I used 2 negatives after using the cardstock sticker, the space was cut around and used on my page (above the photos and in the lower right), the small cardstock images were cut from the cardstock sticker sheet ("more" with a finger pointing on it and the image that says "Retro Active."

3.  Fussy cutting: All the stamped images including the soccer balls, arrow, soccer cleats, label wording (which was traced using a stencil then fussy cut) and the #1 circle.

4. Distressing:  All the paper edges were distressed as well as the photos and most of the die cuts.

5.  I used only 3 patterned papers.

Here's a list of additional supplies used:
Paper: Kraft, Colorbok, DCWV
Soccer Ribbons
Staple
Stickers: Sticker Studio & The Paper Studio
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Sporting & Stampin' Up! Just Soccer
Ink: A la mode Black
Sharpie Marker
Labels Stencil: Paper Pizazz
Perfect Pearls Mist: Forever Green
Pop Dots
 
 Here's part of the die cuts above the photos, following the circle made using a sharpie marker.  The shaped image is from the sticker sheet.  There was already an outline from the sticker that I pulled off it, so I just cut around it and used it on my page.  The #1 image was stamped and a circle cut out.  The tiny sticker that says, "More" with a finger pointing is from the cardstock sticker sheet.  Most of the edges were distressed in this grouping.

On this portion of the circle, above the photos, I stamped the soccer balls and cut and distressed them.  I used a stencil to trace around the "All Star" stamp and distressed these edges also.  Another small sticker was cut from the cardstock sticker sheet which says "Retro Active." 

Here's a look at the die cuts above the photos.

The title is a cardstock sticker which was adhered onto cardstock and cut around and distressed.  I find it easier to adhere it onto cardstock first, then I'm able to manipulate it better on my page.  I stapled soccer ribbon on the end.

Journaling reads:
All through High School Andrew played soccer.  he wasn't as interested in any other sport as this.  He looked forward to each season and all the challenges facing them in playing other teams.  So proud of him for playing his best and playing hard at every game.

In the lower right of my page, here's another grouping.  I stamped "champ" onto pp and using a stencil traced an arrow and hand cut and distressed the edges.  The arrow is on another negative space which was left after taking the sticker off the sheet.  I simply cut around it.  So cool!  The soccer ball and soccer cleats are stamped images which were fussy cut.  The soccer ball was distressed but the soccer cleats were not.  I used pop dots under the soccer cleat just below the green arrow.
 
You can see the use of pop dots under the cleat in this photo.

 I used ribbon under this photo to bring it to the same size used in the sketch.

I used one of the SU stamps to stamp these stars along the circle below the photos.

I was so excited that this sticker fit perfectly under the photos and right where I wanted it!  :)

Using a circle template, I used a sharpie marker to make the dash lines to create the circle.
  
Here's a closer look at the packaging image I cut and added to the page.


 
This is a better look at the circle below the photos and the stars stamped along it.  You can also see the dashes I continued along this circle.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment