Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cabbage Patch Doll

Hello all!
The sun is shining and it's melting the snow... yay!!  We can once again see our front lawn and the flower garden in front of my house!

I have a layout to share with you today that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for the March Guest Designer Challenge.

Here are the challenge requirements:

1.  Use a Polaroid/instagram photo.  If you don't have a Polaroid, you can create your own or purchase one.
2.  Layer 3 or more patterned papers or embellies.
3.  Use mixed alphas in your title or journaling.

Here's what I created using a Stickers N Fun (Nov 2008) sketch:
This is our daughter holding one of her favorite dolls... the Cabbage Patch doll.  Anyone remember those?  She had more than one of them!

I used a Polaroid frame, layered 3+ pp and used mixed alphas.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Momenta
String
Stickers Title
Embroidery Butterfly Border/Ribbon
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Pop Dots

The cute little banner.

Here's a better look at the layers and embroidery butterfly ribbon.  Isn't it cute!  This was the last strip I had in my stash.

 The Polaroid frame was printed online.  There were lots to choose from!

I used stickers for my title... some are squares in varying colors of pinks and the "doll" letters are larger stickers.

I used a border punch on one of the strips of papers and pop dots under the photo to compensate for the bulkiness of the butterfly ribbon.

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my blog.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment