Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy...

Hello,

I have a layout to share with you today that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their March Master Challenge (MARCH-MASTER).

The challenge is to use an item for each letter in the word SPRING... on a project of your choice.

Here's what I created:
This is our daughter and her son.  After being away from his mom for several months and finally getting to see her at her Basic Training graduation, he wouldn't leave her side.  He was so excited to see her!!

These are the items I used for the words "Spring:"
S = Squares
P = Punched Border
R = Ribbon
I = Ink
N = The word "Near"
G = Green leaves on the pp

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
EK Success Border Punch
Rick Rack
Ribbon
Tag
EK Success Heart Punch
Sharpie Marker
Buttons
Washi Tape: Hand Made
Chipboard Title
Silver Color Mist: Wilton

 After adhering the squares, I ran my hand over back and forth over them to lift up the corners.  Trying something different and I like how it turned out.

The words on the washi tape say "Live, Love, Laugh, Be Thankful."  I used an old magazine to create this washi tape.... so fun!

On one of the buttons I added a washi tape heart.

Here's another washi tape heart made out of words from a magazine.

The tag was inked along the edges and rubbed lightly over the top of the tag.  The hearts are punched out of washi tape.  

After peeling off the top of the chipboard letters, I misted them with silver mist.  Once that was dry, I pressed the ink pad on top of the letters for this random color effect.

A closer look at the chipboard letters.

I punched a heart out of the corner of the tag and added a washi tape heart.

Ribbon was tied at the end of the tag... and two more of my washi tape hearts.

Here's a look at the right side of my page.  I added rick rack along the right and a strip of ribbon too.  I used a border punch on one strip of paper.

A different look at the washi tape words.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment