Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oopsie!!

Hi there,

Well, I just noticed a few days have gotten away from me without posting on my blog.  Wow!
Some good news... I finally got my laptop back... yay!
And now for a story...
While in traffic (the day I picked up my laptop), I suddenly turned around to look behind me and... let's just say I "felt something" in my neck.  Of course, I didn't think too much of it... until it got progressively worse.  By the time I hit the sack, I was in so much pain... which caused me to be awake half the night.  It's still hurting.  I've seen my Chiropractor and he rubbed some stuff on it and it felt pretty good for awhile.  But, by the time that gel stuff wore off, the pain came back!  It actually hurts so bad that it makes me feel sick.
I've never had something like that before.  I mean, I usually have some aches and pains... don't we all? 
Maybe I shouldn't drive anymore.  Hee hee!  I've tried slathering more gel on my neck.  Maybe I need a neck brace!

Ok, enough of my woes!

Here's a layout that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Song & Lyric Challenge (SLC19).  The song was "Put a Ring on it" by Beyonce.  Below are the lyrics:

All the single ladies (All the single ladies)
All the single ladies (All the single ladies)
All the single ladies (All the single ladies)
All the single ladies
Now put your hands up

[Verse 1]
Up in the club, we just broke up
I'm doing my own little thing
You decided to dip but now you wanna trip
Cause another brother noticed me
I'm up on him, he up on me
don't pay him any attention
Cause I cried my tears, for three good years
Ya can't be mad at me

[Chorus:]
Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should've put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you should've put a ring on it

Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh
Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips
Hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans
Acting up, drink in my cup
I could care less what you think
I need no permission, did I mention
Don't pay him any attention
Cause you had your turn
And now you gonna learn
What it really feels like to miss me

[Chorus]

Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh
Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh

[Bridge]
Don't treat me to these things of the world
I'm not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve
Is a man that makes me then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms
Say I'm the one you want
If you don't, you'll be alone
And like a ghost I'll be gone

All the single ladies (All the single ladies)
All the single ladies (All the single ladies)
All the single ladies (All the single ladies)
All the single ladies
Now put your hands up

Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh
Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh

[Chorus x2]

Wuh uh oh

This is what I created:
 
Yes, this is my "Oopsie!"  I now know that other people have done the same thing.  At least the doors still open and close!  Phew!  :)

Journaling reads:
The windows were all fogged up and I was in a hurry and I really thought the door was open.  Yes, I did it... from inside the garage, I backed into the closed door!  Nov 5, 2010.
 
Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other
Distressing
Large Chipboard Letters: Ki Memories
Ribbon
Perfect Pearls Mist: Blue Smoke
Dimensional Magic
Foam Subtitle Letters
Glitter
Sharpie Marker

I used these words from the song, changing the 'Ya to You... "You can't be mad at me."

I've had these large chipboard letters for awhile now, but they always seemed too big for my pages... until this idea for a page came along.

The letters were bright and multicolored, so I peeled off the top layer and added Dimensional Magic to the top of them.

 
The foam letters were primary colors, which wouldn't work for this page, so glue was added to the top of them and this "chunky" glitter was pressed onto the tops.  This is the result.  I love it.  A bit messy, but isn't that what crafting is all about?  :)
 
You can see some of the colors of the foam letters, which I didn't really want to show... but looking at it straight on... you really can't see the colors (well, maybe a little), but it still works for me.

Thanks for taking a peek at my blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment