Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bermuda Botanical Gardens

Hello and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
If you traditionally celebrate this holiday I hope you're having a wonderful time with family and friends!

I have a layout to share today that was submitted at From Screen 2 Scrap for their March Inspiration Movie Poster "The Secret Garden" Challenge.

Here's the inspiration movie poster:

And the extra criteria:
1 pt. = Garden photo(s)
2 pts. = Flower cluster
3 pts. = A garden decoration (archway, seat, birdbath, gates, garden swing, hammock, etc.)

Here's what I created using a sketch from Stickers N Fun (Feb 2009):
The most beautiful botanical gardens were in Bermuda.  I loved walking around in the gardens!
If you look closely at the photos... there's a birdbath and a garden seat... one of the requirements that I think could be used for this challenge.

I included all 3 requirements on my page.
Garden photos, Flower cluster and A garden decoration (the garden seat).

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Lace
Martha Stewart Border punch
Chipboard Title Letters
Swirly Bling
Glitter Vellum Butterflies
Chipboard Garden Seat (I sure wish I had more of these)
Various Flowers
Gems
Gold Color Mist: Wilton
Perfect Pearls Mist: Sunflower Sparkle

I've had these chipboard letters forever!  Thought they would fit perfectly with my page because of the letter colors.

These are the most delicate butterflies ever!  Just taking it out of the package I ripped one of them!  But they are beautiful, aren't they?

Along the right of my page I layered several things, starting with lace, then a border which I traced from a template,and a punched border.  The strip of black was added because of inspiration I took from the poster.

This lower corner needed "something" and I really didn't want to fill it with flowers... that was overkill!  So I pulled out some swirly bling and found this!  Love it!   

Here's a portion of my flower cluster.   



Here's my chipboard garden seat!  I love these and wish I had a few more of them!
I started by staining the bench, but didn't like the look, so I used a gold color mist over that and added Sunflower Sparkle mist to finish it off.  I absolutely love how this turned out! 

Here's a photo of the left side of my page. 


I was trying to get a good photo of the bench... the color and light misting. 





So glad you stopped by!
Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

4 comments:

  1. Love all your embellies. They really highlight the photos beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Libby, that bench seat is divine! love those garden pics, I would love to go walk through that garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A most beautiful page Libby...every element works so well with the other. I also love all the photos you take & put here..it is so lovely to see all little closeups. I would love to be sitting on your park bench right now!
    Thanks for joining us at FS2S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Libby - love all your little touches.

    ReplyDelete