Sunday, April 14, 2013

Birthday Hugs & Wishes Card

Hello,

I have a card to share that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their Happy Friday Blue & Orange Card Challenge.  Other colors can be used... but the main colors should be Blue & Orange.

Using a sketch from Page Maps (Dec 2008), here's what I created.
I have to say that blue & orange are not my go-to colors and deciding to use only these colors on my card was really something "different" for me.
BUT... I love how it turned out!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, White Cardstock
Ribbon
Tag
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Distressing
Stitches: Bazzill Stitching Template
Embroidery Floss
Flowers
Misting
EK Success Border Punch
Hole Punch
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Sentiment: Stampin' Up! Hugs & Wishes
Ink: Memories Madonna Blue
Clear Embossing Powder
 
I created the tag a bit longer that the normal.. to fit what I was looking for.
I added hand stitching swirls, flowers and gems.  The flowers were misted and the gems are home made.  The edges of the tag were distressed and ribbon was added at the top through the hole punch.

The sentiment was inked and embossed.  The card was also misted.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment