Monday, April 29, 2013

Cards, Cards & More Cards!

Hi there!

It's FINALLY nice weather in my area, so I've been spending as much time as possible OUTSIDE enjoying the wonderful SUN!!  It's supposed to be nice all week... very unusual for here... but I'll take it!!  :)

I've been working on cards.  Oh what fun!

So these next 4 cards were submitted at Sketches 4 All.  I'll also add what the challenge is for each card.

My first card was for the Twisted Thursday (April 24) Birthday "Theme" Card Challenge (WeeklyBrandiMay).  Your card has to have a "theme."
I found these K&Co. 3D embellies and knew they would be perfect for my card!  Can you guess my "theme?"  A Ballerina Birthday Card.  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV, Other, White Cardstock
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Sentiment
Ink: Vivid! Raspberry
3D Embellies: K&Co.
Circle Punch
Corner Rounder
Lace
Stickles
Sketch: Page Maps (Sept 2010)



I added two layers of lace on the ballerina outfit and randomly added Stickles to the lace.


My next card was submitted for the Let's Get Cooking #8 (LGC8).  From the tic-tac-toe board, choose 3 in a row to create your project.






I chose the middle row: Embossing, Buttons, Flowers
 Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, White Cardstock
Ribbon
Twine: Home Made
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Ink: Vivid! Raspberry
FLowers
Buttons
Perfect Pearls Mist
Wilton Color Mist
Sentiment
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder


  The flowers were lightly misted with a pink color mist.  Twine was added through the buttons and knotted.


Here's another card that was submitted for the Technique Tuesday (April) Challenge (TECHAPRIL).  The challenge is to use ribbon on your project.
Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, White Cardstock
Ribbon
Colored Craft Wire
Flowers: Home Made
Gems
Sentiment
Ink: A la mode Black


These cute little flowers were made using hot glue.  Yup, that's what I said.  After making each "petal" I glued them together and added a gem in the center and wire on the back.  The flowers were painted with nail polish.  So totally fun to make!

I layered the striped ribbon along one half of the card and also used the ribbon for a bow.


The last card was submitted for the Word Prompt Wednesday #8 Challenge (WPW8).  The challenge is to use the word "Friends" or "Friendship" on your project.
Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, White Cardstock
Stick Pins
Ribbon
Ink: A la mode Black
Blue Watercolor Pencil
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Time Well Spent
Sketch: Page Maps (June 2007)

I colored in the "Friends" with the watercolor pencil so it would "stand out" more.

 The butterfly was stamped on blue paper and pp, cut out, with the blue one adhered to the card and the pp butterfly only adhered in the center, so the wings would remain off the page.
 
Under the bow I added two stick pins... just for something different.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment