Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Friendship

Hello,

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their Guest Designer Challenge for April "Spring is Blooming" (GDTRO). The deadline for entries is April 30, 2013.

Here's the challenge:

1.  Layering 2+ patterned paper/cardstock
2. Use 1 or All of these embellies:
Birds
Birdcage
Flowers
Butterflies
Trees

3. Display a title and add journaling. 

This is the sketch we had to use:
 

Here's what I created:
This is my dear friend who loves the color purple... she's even wearing purple!  So I decided to use a lot of purple on my page.

I used layering and 4 pp, the title and journaling and flowers, butterflies and birds.

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co.
Fiskars Border Punch
Glitter Chipboard Butterflies
Sharpie Marker
Ink Spots from home made mist
Ribbon
Flowers
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Clear Sticker Quote
 
I folded the butterfly wings upward so there was a bit of dimension on my page.  Not that there needs to be more dimension... the flowers add enough of that.  :)
The glitter gems are what I recently made.  I'm addicted to them!  So you will probably see a lot of them on my creations.

Here's my ink splotches.  I kinda played around with different mists that I made... and this one was really splotchy... perfect for my page!

This butterfly is hanging from the ribbon, which was twisted a bit.

My journaling below the photo.

My title is within this quote "Friendship."

Love these flowers!  I layered one of them with more layers so it would be fuller than the others.

A closer look at the glitter gems.

The journaling above the photo.

These cute little birds were already on the pp.  Gotta love it!

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment