Saturday, April 20, 2013

Kick'in It

Hello,

It's a rainy, gloomy Saturday here.  Perfect day for scrapbooking!

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Cooking up a Masculine Layout, Canvas or 3 Card Set Challenge (CUCC15).

The challenge:
NO girls, NO flowers & NO pink.

Also, use at least 3 of these ELEMENTS:
Arrows, chipboard, stars, punched shapes, stamps, brads, buttons, tags, stickers that are male oriented, bits and bobs from hardware stores such as washers, twine, clothing tags, washi tape, transparencies.
Paper featuring plaid, argyle, chevrons, sports, spots, vehicles, tools, abstract shapes.

And use at least 2 of these TECHNIQUES:
Stamping, distressing, inking, painting, paper tearing, doodling, hand stitching.

Here's what I created:
Our son playing soccer.  Love these photos and wish I could say I took them, but I didn't.
These were taken during his Junior year.

For the 3 Elements I used:
- Stripes (pp)
- Stickers
- Washi Tape

And 2 Techniques:
- Distressing (outer edges of background paper and title sticker)
- Hand Stitching (Upper right corner)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, My Mind's Eye
Washi Tape: Home Made
Various Soccer related Stickers
Distressing
Sharpie Marker

Washi tape is under all the other banners (brownish).  I also added a soccer ball sticker and word over part of the ball.

This sticker serves as the title for my page.  I also distressed the edges.

I added hand stitching in the upper right.


I matted the sticker on pp.

I added a sticker on this photo which says, "Man to Man."

Another sticker is along the bottom of the photo on the right.

A strip of soccer balls sticker is along the bottom of my page.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day.

1 comment: