Happy Sunday to you all! The sun is shining (which is good) but it's brisk out (not so good).
Today, I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their So You Think You Can Scrap Week 16 Challenge (SYTYCS016).
That's right... I made it to WEEK 16! How cool is that?!
So this week, there are 13 participants left in the running.
Here's the challenge this week:
You MUST use ALL of the following:
1. Stay true to the sketch (below).
2. Must use 8 photos.
3. Must use 6 buttons.
4. Must use 3 different stamps.
5. Must use a ticket embellishment.
6. Use rick rack
7. Must be a monochromatic layout.
8. 2 recycled embellishments (buttons will not count).
9. None of the above may be combined (for example, if you stamp a ticket, it will not count as one of your stamps).
Here's what I created:
Our two nieces through the years. They're the cutest!!
Alright, so this is what I used:
1. Stayed true to the sketch.
2. Used 8 photos.
3. Used 6 buttons (across the top)
4. 3 different stamps (Butterfly and 2 different flowers)
5. Ticket embellishment (upper left, above the photos)
6. Rick Rack (below the photos, under the journaling)
7. Monochromatic layout in Purples.
8. 2 recycled embellishments (hanging on the purple string: an old earring and a key from a toy bank).
9. None of the above requirements were combined.
Here's additional supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Cardstock Title Letters
Ink: Adirondack Purple Twilight & A la mode Purple
Lilac Mist: Home Made
Metallic Acrylic Paint: Purple
3 Stamps (Butterfly & 2 different flowers): Stampin' Up! Time Well Spent
Darice Embossing Folder
Chenille Rick Rack
Ticket: Sizzlit Die
Phew! That's a LOT of stuff!
Tickets were cut using a Sizzlit die and the edges were inked. I added a smaller stamped flower over that which was misted with home made lilac mist and a heart shaped button is on top of it.
I used an embossing folder for the square in the top row.
3 of the buttons. I used a stitching template to create the "stitches" around the cardstock. I ran my ink pad up and down lightly over the background page to create these inked lines. Love how this turned out!
Using the same embossing folder, I embossed the square on the second row too. The flower was stamped and misted and the edges turned up a bit for dimension.
The letters were lightly inked and misted with the home made mist. Thought you would be able to see the shimmer on the letters (bummer).
Here's the grouping below the photos. The roses pp is only shades of purples (no white or other colors). I made sure of this!
I used chenille rick rack below the journaling. The string was white so I got out the purple marker and colored it, strung the embellies on it and knotted it around the rick rack. The circle is a wooden piece from an old earring and the key is from an old toy bank. Both were painted with metallic purple paint.
The butterfly is the 3rd stamp I used. I cut it out and folded the wings upward and curled a bit, only adhering it on the body part.
I added a little journaling below the photos.
A closer look at the inked lines, stitches, rick rack and embellies.
A closer look at my cute little butterfly.
I think you can see a little of the shimmer on this flower....
Closer look at the ticket, flower and button.
The inked lines show up really well in this photo.
The metallic paint was SO cool to work with. It leaves a shimmer, which was perfect for these embellies.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!