Friday, May 31, 2013

A Card and A Tag

Hi there,

It's time for me to post my June Challenge at Sketches 4 All.  This month I've chosen to make a card and a tag as my examples... using "fabric." Most of us have some sort of fabric lying around... and well, this is your opportunity to put that fabric to use and create something spectacular!  That's right... it could be something spectacular!!  Just imagine what you could make with satin, silk, canvas, cotton, knit, twill, linen, nylon or acrylic.

I hope you'll hop on over to Sketches 4 All and check out all the fun challenges going on for the month of June.  And... there's also super fun weekly challenges too!  You're sure to get inspired.
And... you can see my challenge here.

Ok, here's my "Thinking of You" card and "Celebrate" tag:
I used canvas for the flower on my card.  Under the circle of lace is a circle cut from satin fabric.
The base of my tag is fabric and below the flower is lace fabric.


Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co., White Cardstock
Canvas Fabric
Silk Fabric
Lace
Sentiment
Ink: Memories Madonna Blue
Corkboard
Perfect Pearls Mists: Sunflower Sparkle & Heirloom Gold
EK Success Border Punch
Petals (Hand cut)
Sketch: Page Maps (June 2008)

 Under the lace flower center I also added a silk fabric circle, which hides where all the petals come together.

I thought I would have a hard time to punch the corkboard.... but it was a piece of cake!  I love punching corkboard!  It's so cool!  I also misted it too.

the petals were misted... and I was hoping to get a good view of it...


 Supplies used:
Striped Fabric
Lace Fabric
Flowers/Leaves
Glitter Gem: Home Made
Clear Sticker Sentiment
Ribbon

The clear sticker was added on top of the lace.  Ribbon was added above and below the lace... hiding the lace edges.

Here's a closer look at the flower and glitter gem.  Aren't these gems the cutest?  A bow was added at the top of the tag.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget to head on over to Sketches 4 All and check out all the challenges... and mine too!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment