Sunday, May 19, 2013

Best Buds

Hi there,

I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday.
We were having a good day... until my car died!  Thank goodness our Pastor's son had an extra vehicle at the Church so we could get home!  And it's been towed back to our place by a friend.  So, that's another good thing!

I finally finished this layout which was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Guest Designer Recipe Challenge (SGDT2).  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the challenge ingredients:

1 x plain cardstock background
1 x large circle patterned paper
3 x punched shapes (stars, hexagons, flowers, animals, hearts)
2 x photos 
Mat only 1 of the photos
1 x (2x12) patterned paper
2 x ribbons/washi tape
Rhinestones
1x (1x12) plain paper
Tear one of the above items
Inking/Stamping/Misting
Blend ingredients together to create a masterpiece for your album.

It took me awhile to gather my thoughts on this one!  I'm not big on recipes... but I wanted to give this one a try... and it was a challenge.

Here's what I created:
This is our son with "his" dog, Zoe.  Then I got Tom in the photo by placing him right beside Zoe.  And because these two are best buds, they actually stayed there for awhile so I could get some photos.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, My Mind's Eye
Rhinestones: Recollections
3D Embellie: Hand Made
Wood Title Letters
Metallic Rub ons
Perfect Pearls Mist: Biscotti
Ink: A la mode Black
Pop Dots
Circle Punch & Heart Punch

And... I used ALL the required ingredients!!  Phew!!
 
 I used metallic rub ons and lightly brushed it onto the wood letters.  Love the effect!

The only problem is that metallic and "me" do not get along!  I walked around all morning with a metallic nose!  Why?  Well, my nose is always itching or running... and I cannot keep my hands away from my face!  I had been talking to our carpenter and everything!  When hubby came home, he's like, "What's on your nose?"  I don't know!  Then I forgot about it... and later had to grab a tissue because my nose decided to have a running fit and the tissue was full of metallic paint!  Nice!  Holy cow!!  No wonder our carpenter was looking at me funny!

I knotted two ribbons around the letter "U."  The title followed the edge of the circle... which was so much easier to keep even!  The background paper was misted.

I scrunched black & white ribbon under the matted photo.  This photo shows a better look at the background misting.  I also inked the paper strips, large circle and the photo matting.

Here's my swirly rhinestones.  They're beautiful!

I used 3 punched shapes... 2 circles and 1 heart... then layered them with pop dots to create my own 3D embellie!  The edges of the circles were inked.


Another view of the title letters.

 The second type of ribbon was used to hide where the two papers came together... along the left of my page.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment