Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Patriotic

Hi there,

I think it's Fall again!!  What happened to our summer?  Oh my word... it's SO COLD here!!  Just last week it was 80 and these past few days it's been in the 40's and 50's!  Brrrrr!  My body is having a hard time to adjust to these drastic changes!

Enough babbling about the cold weather!  
I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their May Sketch-a-Thon for May 14 (lainiemay).  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the sketch:
 

I'm having so much fun with this Sketch-a-Thon!  I've gotten LOTS of layouts completed and we're only half way through the month!  Woo hoo!

So, here's what I created with this lovely sketch:
Hubby marching in the Memorial Day Parades in 2010.  Doesn't he look sharp?!?!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, My Mind's Eye
Distressing
Title Stone Sticker: EK Success
Perfect Pearls Mists
Ribbon

I left the "tails" of the bow longer and scrunched them.

The background papers were misted with a couple different mists.
Love these stone-looking stickers!  They're really cool.

Here's a look at the misting and distressed edges.

The page wasn't complete unless I added my home made glitter gems!

Thanks for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Libby for doing this sketch...yours turned out beautifully! This has reminded me that I also have some photos of my husband marching with the flag that I must scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete