Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Military Girl

Hi there,

It's been so quiet without our grandson over every day after school.  But, I sure did enjoy him last week.  We had a lot of fun and I got tons of pictures!  And... we get to have him every other week until the end of June.  :)

After all, I need to keep the photos coming because of all the scrapping I'm doing.  I used to take lots of pictures at all the Boy Scout events, but recently made the decision to get done Scouts.  It wasn't as interesting as it used to be and I was getting tired of the meetings every week.
I seriously miss Andrew being in Scouts too!  It's so different without him in the Troop!  I really did good to stay with the Troop for over 3 years after Andrew got his Eagle Scout!!
It's time for a change.  :)

Anyhow, I have some "catch up" layouts to post... so sit back and enjoy all the layouts.

This one was submitted at Colorful Creations for their May Sketch-a-Thon.  This is the May 2nd sketch (PaulaMay).


And here's what I created:
Our daughter when she was overseas.  It was brutally cold there... and she was all bundled up.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Burlap
Stone Stickers: EK Success
Ribbon
Flowers
Gems: Home Made
Square Stickers Title
Distressing


I decided to use burlap on this page so it wouldn't be totally feminine.  I wanted to portray the toughness of our daughter too... to go after what she desperately wanted and stick with it!!
 
These are the sweetest flowers!  Bummer that I couldn't remember where I picked them up... because I wanted to get more of them!  I will keep looking though.

I added two rectangles of burlap under the ribbon, sub title and flowers.  The gems are what I recently made.

A closer look at the burlap and star "stone."



The edges of the oval were distressed.



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment