Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fatherhood

Hi there,

I have a layout to share with you that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their JUNE Father's Day Challenge.  As a member of the Design Team we were provided with the sketch challenge in advance so we could create our projects and they would be ready to be displayed on June 1st.  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the sketch:
 

And this is what I created, honoring Father's Day with this photo of my hubby with our daughter and son several years ago.  One of my fave photos!
Supplies used:
 Paper: My Mind's Eye
Journaling Block: daisyd's
Lace: Webster's Pages
Clear Sticker Title
Hearts: Cut from templates
Sharpie Marker
Distressing
Gold Color Mist
Perfect Pearls Mist
Metallic Rub ons
 
My page title was added in the lower portion of my page.

An addition heart was added in the lower left corner of my page.  The edges were distressed and it was misted with a bit of metallic rub ons added.
 
Rather than add stars and circles as in the sketch, I thought hearts were more appropriate for my page.  I cut them out from different cardstock papers, distressed the edges, misted them and added metallic rub ons.  My journaling block was added just above the hearts.

A strip of lace was added below the photo.

Here's a closer look at the hearts.

 Another heart was added to the left of the photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment