Sunday, June 2, 2013

Journey... You are Totally Amazing!

Hi there,

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Song and Lyric Challenge (SLC22).  You can see the challenge here.  I challenge you to head on over to Soul Scrappers and check it out!  There's lots of fun challenges here and something is sure to inspire you to join us!  :)

The song is titled, "Dream" by The Cranberries.  Here's the lyrics:

Oh, my life is changing everyday,

In every possible way.
And oh, my dreams, it's never quite as it seems,
Never quite as it seems.

I know I've felt like this before, but now I'm feeling it even more,
Because it came from you.
And then I open up and see the person falling here is me,
A different way to be.

Ah, la da ah...
La...

I want more impossible to ignore,
Impossible to ignore.
And they'll come true, impossible not to do,
Impossible not to do.

And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me.
You're what I couldn't find.
A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind;
You're everything to me.

Oh, my life,
Is changing every day,
In every possible way.

And oh, my dreams,
It's never quite as it seems,
'Cause you're a dream to me,
Dream to me.

Ah, da, da da da, da, la...

I chose the words "totally amazing" from the lyrics and this is what I created:
This photo was taken while our daughter was in Afghanistan.  She looks so lovely with that fur hat on.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Ribbon
Circle Bauble: Studio g
Flowers
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Buttons
Distressing
Pinking Shears
Sticker: K&Co.
Sharpie Marker

The sticker is part of my page title, which was matted on pp.  I added buttons and glitter gems beside that.  The paper edges were distressed.

The remainder of my page title was added below the ribbon.

In the lower right I added some distressed shapes, along with a flower, buttons and a glitter gem.

I pulled the colors from the pp and added flowers that matched it in the upper left of the photo.  The larger flower has a pretty pattern bauble for the center.  The other flowers have home made glitter gems.

I used pinking shears for the two squares tucked under the photo.

 A couple more photos, showing different angles of my page.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment