Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

Hi there,

I have a card to share with you today that was submitted at Sketches 4 All.

I'm so excited to be hosting their Technique Tuesday Challenges for the 2nd & 4th weeks of each month!!

The technique for my first challenge is to Use Old Papers (TT2June).  You can see the challenge here.
And maybe I can encourage you to hop on over to Sketches 4 All and join in on the fun too!  :)

Here's my Birthday card:
For my example card I used old encyclopedia papers and ran them through my Big Shot using a Sizzix balloon die.  I misted the balloons with a couple different mists and inked the edges.  Twine was wrapped around the balloons and the strings dangling are held in place by the sentiment tag.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, White Cardstock
Fiskars Border Punch
Distressing
Twine: Home Made
Pop Dot
Mesh
Sentiment
Ink: Vivid! Brown
Old Encyclopedia Pages
Sizzix Balloon Die
Gold Color Mist
Perfect Pearls Mist
 
This photo is showing the misting on the balloons.

I found this decorative mesh in the floral department... and just had to get it!  I cut a strip and wrapped it around the center of the card.

Here's a look at the dimension created simply by using a pop dot under the top balloon.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment