Monday, June 17, 2013

Our Sweet Little Giraffe

Hi there,

Today is a Soul Scrappers kinda day!!  :)

This layout was submitted at (you guessed it)... Soul Scrappers for their Negative Space Sketch Challenge (NSC24).  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the sketch:
 

And this is what I created:
This is our sweet little (grandson) giraffe all dressed up for Halloween.  He was only 2 years old.  Love these photos!!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Other
Wood Letters
Gems: Home Made
Ribbons
Sharpie Marker
Perfect Pearls Mist
 
I hand wrote a portion of the page title onto the shape which was traced from a stencil and hand cut.  
The wood letters were misted with a Sunflower Sparkle mist.

Thank goodness I had the tops of the squares to add my letters... or I'm sure they would be crooked!
On two of the squares I added 3 gems (home made) on each one.

The letters looked terrible so far away from each other so I overlapped them a bit.  Not only did it allow for more room, the letters are closer together and looks so much better.  You can see some of the sparkle from the mist.

Wide satin ribbon was added across the page and a smaller ribbon was tucked to the right of the oval photo and from behind the ribbon on the left.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment