Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sea Life

Hello,

It's a beautiful Saturday!  Couldn't ask for anything better!

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Archi-scraps for their June Inspiration Photo Challenge.  I have been proudly serving as a Design Team Member and love the challenges each month... not to mention it's a wonderful group of ladies to work with too!

I hope you'll head on over to Archi-scraps and check out their new Inspiration Photo challenge on the first of each month.

Here's the Inspiration Photo for June.  You can see the challenge here.

I was inspired by the colors and the shadows.
 
 Extra criteria: Use silhouettes or shadows.

Here's what I created:
This challenge inspired me to scrap this photo that was taken at the Omaha, Nebraska Zoo several years ago.  They're pretty awesome to see... as long as they're in the tank!!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Distressing
Cheesecloth
Gems
Wooden Beads
Wood Title Letters
Metal Circles
Sequins
Sea Shells
Pearls
Perfect Pearls Mists
Color Mists
Sequin Anchor
Ribbon
 
Here's a portion of the circle of silhouettes that I created.  A cardstock circle was placed where I wanted all the silhouettes and other embellies... then placed the cheesecloth around the outside of the circle.  

Once I adhered all the hand cut silhouettes where I wanted, I started placing various embellies within them.
 
The background papers were misted.  Three gems were added in the upper right of my page and all the cardstock edges were distressed.

The wood letters were misted with a couple different mists. And on the letter "A" I added a metal circle with an anchor sequin on top of that.

Here's a closer look at the misted letters.


 
I have several close ups of different sections of the circle I created.



Ribbon was tucked under the photo and another small piece looped and tucked under too.  Just for something different.





Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment