Tuesday, June 18, 2013

US

Hi there,

It's a good day... because the sun is shining!  And... "other things" went well today, considering... so that was a good thing too!

And... I got this layout finished, which was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Guest DT Challenge for June (GDT6).  Woo hoo!  You can see the challenge here.

This is the listing of simple techniques to use for this challenge:

1.  Do some fussy cutting.
2.  Use color shine, glitter mists, sprays, etc.
3.  Use something other than cardstock/paper for your background.
4.  Use simple embellies.
5.  Use a piece of chipboard.
6.  Use a template/mask.

Here's what I created:
The 3 of "us" a few years ago on Easter Sunday.

Requirements I used:
1.  Fussy cutting = Swirl cut from felt.
2.  Color shines/mists/glimmer mists, etc. = Silver Color Mist, Various home made mists, Perfect Pearls Mists.
3.  Use something other than paper/cardstock for your background = Used felt background.
4.  Use simple embellies = pp, ribbon and gems.
5.  Use chipboard = The flower swirl on the lower corner of the photo and tag used for the title.
6.  Template/mask = Chevron stencil/mask.

Phew!  I think I covered everything!  :)

Other supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Felt
Chipboard: K&Co.
Ribbon
Staples
Gems: Home Made
Rub on Title
Ink: Vivid! Brown
Sketch: Page Maps (Feb 2009)

Three gems were added in the upper corner of my "felt" page.

Here's the masking I used with a grunge stencil.  I misted this with several mists, until I like how it looked.

Ribbon was added across the lower portion of my page and home made gems added on each brown dot on the ribbon.

The swirl was hand cut from felt and lightly pressed onto the ink pad to add some color to it.
The title is rub ons and after misting the chipboard with several mists, I stapled ribbon onto each end.

Here's my other piece of chipboard, which was also misted.  The end of the swirl was tucked under the photo.

 Here's a closer look at the gems and chevron mask.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment