Tuesday, June 25, 2013

When I was a working girl...

Hello everyone!

I hope you're having a fabulous day today.

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Sketch Challenge Plus (SC66).  You can see the challenge here.  Would love to have you join in too.  :)

Here's the sketch:
 

And here's the PLUS ingredients to use:

1.  Tag
2.  Layers
3.  Fussy Cutting

This is my creation titled, "When I was a working girl..."
My office was small, but I loved it.  It's amazing how much "stuff" I could cram into it too!  There was a large bulletin board above my desk which was completely covered with photos... and little notes everywhere.  My desk was always lost in papers... but I knew where everything was... most of the time.  :)

I've added a tag (lower right) and layers.  Fussy cutting was done on the felt flowers, paper flowers and tag.

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Colorbok
Felt Flowers & Leaves: Home Made
Paper Flowers: Home Made
Gems: Home Made
Swirly Bling
Ribbon
Staple
Paper Doily
Perfect Pearls Mist
Distressing
Sharpie Marker
 
The title was hand written and matted on pp.  I went over the writing a couple of times to make it stand out more.

I made two different flowers for my page.  This one is a cute paper flower which is so fun to make.  Then I added one of my home made gems in the center.  The green cardstock was distressed along the edges.

I decided to leave the tag "as is" and stapled ribbon on one end and added two flowers on one part of the tag.  I found a tutorial online making flowers from felt... and found it to be super easy and fun too.  The felt flowers were misted.  Leaves were hand cut and tucked under the larger flower and swirly bling pops out from behind the flower.

Here's a closer look at the flowers.

The doily was misted with two different mists.  More swirly bling was added on the other felt flower.  I hand cut hearts in two different shades of pink and adhered them onto a small cardstock circle.  For the center of the flower, I simply rolled a thin strip of felt.

A closer look at the doily.

This flower was also misted.  Isn't it cute?  Not sure if there is a tutorial for a flower such as this... I was just playing around the shapes and created this... with hearts... who would of thought... I just rolled them up and added a dab of hot glue to keep the end together.

 Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment