Saturday, June 8, 2013

Where is it? Where's the ball?

Hi there,

Another layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Silhouette Theme Challenge (THC62).  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the criteria:
1.  Use/cut a silhouette.
2.  Use at least 1 "fun" item.
3.  Make it FUN.

Here's what I created:
It's a busy layout!  The photo of our cat, Geri, is on the right... she's carrying her toy ball in her mouth... off the carpet and onto the floor where she can bat it around and play.

I hope I made my layout "fun" enough!  :)
I used these two FUN items:  String from the top of a bag of cat food and the word "Ball" cut from a toy purchased for my grandson.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Silhouettes: Printed online
Prima Flowers
Gems: Home Made
Sharpie Marker
String: from a bag of cat food
"Ball" word: from the packaging of our grandson's toy
Ink: A la mode Black
Decorative Ribbon

Isn't this the cutest silhouette cat?  I love it!  I simply cut around it and added a flower and gem on her head... just for something "fun."
 
Isn't Geri a funny cat?  The antics she does always surprises us and makes us laugh!
Flowers were added along the bottom of the photo with home made gems in their centers.

This is the string from a bag of cat food.  The long part was attached on one end... so I just snipped it off and used it as is.  The remaining string was what was pulled off the other portion of the bag and wrapped around my fingers and added as a ball of yarn (I placed it over the silhouette ball).

I couldn't resist adding this silhouette photo... it's another cute one I came across while surfing for photos.  You can also get a better look at my ball of yarn.  :)

A closer look at the flowers and gems.

Here's the decorative ribbon I just purchased a couple of days ago!  I love it!!

Here's a look at the left side of my page.  I hand wrote a portion of the title and inked the edges.  The word "Ball" was cut from packaging.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment