Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Day

Hi there,

A very soggy weekend for us.  Perfect for scrapping... but not so perfect when you're trying to get your garden planted!!

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their Twisted Blueprints Challenge (twistedjune).  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the sketch:
 
 And the twist: to use PAINT on your layout.

Here's what I created:

This is our son petting the baby lamb.  It was a challenge to catch the little bugger, but hubby finally did it... only because Andrew wanted to pet one so badly!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, K&Co.
Swirls: Hand cut
Prima Flowers
Epoxy Page Title: Heidi Grace
Gems: Home Made
Chevron Stencil
Color Mists
Paint
Corner Rounder


I used a blue color mist for the chevron background and also misted with a watered down soot-- one or two squirts was all I wanted, as I didn't want it overpowering the blue.
 
Here's the grouping to the left of the photo.  

A closer look at the flowers and gems.  The gems were painted with a dull paint... because I loved the color... then painted them with a glitter nail polish to get the shine back in them.



The epoxy sticker was adhered onto pp, trimmed and added to my page.

The swirls were traced and hand cut and a few flowers added with home made gems.
I only wanted paint along the edges... so, using a paper towel dipped in paint, I lightly brushed it on the outer edges of my page.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment