Sunday, July 28, 2013

Live Every Moment

Hello there!

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  I'm doing "better... thank goodness.
I got out there and weeded my garden and enjoyed the beautiful sunny day.

I have a layout to share that I used as the example for my Quote Challenge (QC26) at Soul Scrappers.  You can see the challenge here.

Maybe I can even entice you to join in on the fun.  And remember, there are a lot of other fun challenges there too.  So hop on over there and check it out.  :)

Here's the quote to use on the project of your choice.  You can create a card, tag, layout (as I have done), altered item or any other project... as long as I can see this quote somewhere on it.

"Live every moment.
Laugh every day.
Love beyond words!"
-Author Unknown

Here's my layout titled, "Live Every Moment."
Yes, this is me... having some fun at a NASCAR event several years ago.  How could I resist on a little fun!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stampin' Up! Border punch
Computer Font: Janda Romantic & "other font"
Flowers & Stems
Ink: A la mode Brown
Ribbon
Sketch: Page Maps (Sept 2007)

After printing the quote on cardstock  I traced the shape and cut... and also cut another partial shape on pp and tucked it under the cardstock for some added texture.  I lightly inked the edges and toned down the white by rubbing the ink pad onto it too.  Ribbon was tucked under one end.

Two flowers were added on the left of the photo with ribbon added under that and across the page. 

Here's a closer look. 

 It was fun using this "stem" from a bouquet of flowers that I recently purchased.  I thought the way it looked was cool... so I kept a bunch of them... never really thinking I would actually use them... but it looks cool on my page.  At least I think so... hope you do too.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment