Monday, July 15, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Scouting

Hello,

Another layout to share that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their July Multi-Layouts Challenge (Multi Layouts).  You can see the challenge here.

I guess this is supposed to be along the lines of Project Life scrapbooking.  I can't even imagine scrapping like this... just tucking squares or rectangles into plastic sheets.  It's way too confined for me!

So, this challenge was to create a multi-layout.  I'm still not sure what "enticed" me to play along, but I did.  And, I can honestly say that I am NOT a Project Life type of gal!!

Here's what I created:
Here's just a couple photos that were taken at a Boy Scout Meeting/Saying Goodbye to "Me!"  :)

After over 6 years, I decided to get done as Assistant Scoutmaster with our Troop.  Priorities changed and this was no longer at the top of my list... although it was an extremely fun ride!  I learned a LOT and participated in more things in those 6 years than in my whole life!!

Our Scoutmaster is the best!  And the boys in the Troop are a great bunch too.  It was a decision I wrestled with for many months.  But I knew that if I couldn't give it the 100% that I had been doing... then I knew it was time to move on.

The boys planned a wonderful supper and I thought that this was it.  But then Linda called me up front... and I was presented with several awards and a plaque from the Troop as well as all kinds of cool little hand made gifts from several of the boys.  What a super cool surprise that was!!

I will miss being part of such a wonderful organization!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, My Mind's Eye
Flowers/Leaves
Prima Flowers
Self-adhesive Pearls
Boy Scout Embellie
Pop Dot
Sticker Letters
Swirly Bling: Prima
Chipboard Word
Ribbon

Here's one block from the upper corner.  I added lots of bling to "fill in" the empty space. 

Three pearls were added beside the photo. 

This block has ribbon, chipboard, flowers and pearls.  Didn't really know what else to do with this block. 

I knew the lower left block would be for my title.  The Boy Scout embellie was adhered with a pop dot. 
Thank goodness there were lines on the pp... so my title it pretty straight!  :)

 A closer look at the flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you will visit again. 



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet memory to scrap and such a lovely gesture. I too tried project life and the confining pockets didn't allow me to do my memories justice, but I love the idea of scrapping a photo a day to document "regular" life and have created a quick digital project life album for the past 3 years. I get the best of both worlds....documenting the daily aspects of our life and then enhancing our memories with traditional scrapbooking layouts. Anyways that was quite a ramble to say I agree with you, but your layout still turned out lovely! LOL!

    ReplyDelete