Saturday, July 20, 2013

Uncle Sam

Hello there,

I think this is my final post for tonight!  Phew!  That's a lot of posting for one day!

This layout was submitted at Turtle Soup for their Mini Crop Challenge.  You can see the challenge here.
The challenge is to use Red, White & Blue and add a Banner.  I used all the requirements.

I also submitted it at Sketches 4 All for their Technique Tuesday July 16 Challenge - Journaling (TTJOURNAL).  You can see the challenge here.
Since this challenge is all about journaling, this page definitely fits the bill!  :)

Here's my layout titled "Uncle Sam."
This is our son when he was 9 years old in the "Uncle Sam" Halloween costume I made for him.  He was so excited to wear it!  After all the work I put into it... I wanted him to go to everyone's house Trick or Treating and how it off!!  He had so much fun!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Ribbon
Sequin Stars
Flowers
String
Sticker Letters
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Sharpie Marker
Sketch: Page Maps (Oct 2005)

I found these blue sticker letters in my stash... perfect for this page. 

A small banner was added along the left with string and red, white and blue banners.  Three small flowers were also added just above the journaling with matching gems too. 

Obviously, I had a lot of journaling for this page!  Glad it all fit!  :) 

Ribbon was added through the middle of the page and a trailing cluster of stars were added on the lower right of the photo. 

More stars were added just under the journaling.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment