Monday, July 22, 2013

When I get big, I'll get even...

Hi there,

Here's a fun layout that I submitted at Turtle Soup for their Mini Crop Sketch Challenge.  You can see the challenge here.  The theme options for this crop are:  Summer Fun, Canada Day, Independence Day or Parents Day.

This is the sketch:
Image

I chose to do a Summer Fun layout titled "When I get big, I'll get even..."
This is our son and his best friend having fun with one of the "smaller" Boy Scout.  Knowing I was taking a picture, they lifted him upside down!
The photo was taken at Boy Scout Camp.  A week of non-stop fun for 7 days!!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Sizzix Filmstrip Die
Distressing
Sharpie Marker
Clear Sticker Title
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Stain
Rick Rack

I added a circle for the journaling and distressed the edges. 

I got a little carried away with the ink stains... and when I thought they were dry... they were not... so lots of smudging going on too!  :( 

This die was recently purchased for a great price!  Of course, I had to have it!  First time I used it too!  :) 

More ink splotches!  Ugh! 

When I came across this sticker, I knew it was the perfect title for my page!  The rick rack was distressed with stain too.

Thanks so much for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment