Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Card - Using Aluminum Foil

Hello,

I have a fun card to share that I used as my example for the challenge I am hosting at Sketches 4 All for their  Technique Tuesday Weekly Challenges.  You can see the challenge here.

My challenge for you is to use ALUMINUM FOIL on your project.  There are so many fun techniques to use and projects to complete using aluminum foil.  Check out just a few of the examples I listed at my challenge.

Here's my Happy Birthday card:
The background and flower is made with aluminum foil.  Pretty cool, huh?
You should give it a try... it was super fun!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, White Cardstock
Aluminum Foil
Pearl Paint
Satin Ribbon Leaves
Aluminum Flower
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Sentiment
Ink: Color Box
Sketch: Splitcoast Stampers (SC324)

For the background, the aluminum was scrunched over and over, then flattened out.  I added pearl paint to it and using a paper towel wiped off the excess.  When that dried, I wrapped it around cardstock and adhered it to the front of my card.
The sentiment was stamped onto pp and wrapped around a pencil to get the curves in it and adhered it only where the paper met the background.

For my aluminum foil flower, I adhered 3 layers together, traced a few different sizes of flowers, cut them out and began shaping them until they looked like a flower.  A home made glitter gem was added in the center.
The leaves were cut from wide satin ribbon and the edges frayed a bit. 

Three glitter gems were added in the lower left of my card too.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you'll stop in at Sketches 4 All and check out all the fun challenges they have each month... and check out my challenge too!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment