Saturday, August 31, 2013

Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride

Hello,

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations for the September Song Challenge (septsong12) that I'm hosting.  You can see my challenge here.

The song I chose is from the band Men at Work and the title of their song is, "Ain't Nothing Gonna Hold Me Down."

Here are the lyrics:

Last night I had the strangest dream,
I sailed away to China in a little rowboat to find you
And you said you had to get your laundry cleaned
Didn't want no one to hold you, what does that mean?

And you said
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

You're on the road and now you pray you'll last
The road behind you was rocky
But now you're feeling cocky
You look at me and you'll see your past
Is that the reason you're running so fast?

And she said
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

Never let another girl like you, whip me over
Never let another girl like you, drag me under
If I meet another girl like you, I will tell her
Never want another girl like you, have to say

Chorus x 3


You have the whole month of September to participate... which I hope you will!  :)
Simply use word(s) from the lyrics to create any project of your choice... a tag, card, layout, digi or altered item.

Here's my layout titled, "Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride."
I also used the words "I've Got to Keep on Moving" on my layout as the subtitle.
This is me, helping my in-laws with their potato farming business.  I just pulled the 50 lb. bag of potatoes off the rack and set it onto the weigher.  Then I grabbed a tie and the twisting tie to close the bag.  Each bag was stacked in piles according to the variety of potatoes.  It was ridiculously back-breaking hard work... but we still managed to have some laughs and created some wonderful memories.
Every year for many years, I took a week vacation from my office job to help them.  Boy, were those LONG days!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Flowers
Twine
Hole Punch
Clear Letter Stickers
Chipboard
Gears Stencil
Distress Stain
Walnut Ink Mist
Gems: Home Made
Sharpie Marker
Distressing
Sketch: Page Maps (Jan 2005)

I used dark brown and maroon colored flowers for this grouping with my home made gold gems for their centers.

The corner chipboard was inked with distress stain and mist.  The edges the background cardstock and photo matting were distressed.
I used a gears stencil for the background.  Love this stencil!
 
This is my page title.
 
Here's a better look at the stenciling.

My page subtitle is on the lower corner of the photo.  I used a hole punch and knotted twine through the tag.

Banners were added to the left of the journaling block with a couple more flowers.

The journaling block was matted on pp and the edges were distressed.

And a closer look at the flowers.

I hope I've inspired you to join in on the fun at Colorful Creations.  Stop on by... there are lots of other fun challenges every month!  Just click on the "Events" tab at the top of the Main Page and you can see all the Challenges.

Colorful Creations Design Team Member




No comments:

Post a Comment