Sunday, September 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

Hi there!

Hope everyone is enjoying a peaceful Sunday.

I have a card to share that was submitted at Sketches 4 All as the example for the Libby's Challenges Group (septstamping) that I host each month.  You can see my challenge here.

I hope you can join in on the fun.  There are also lots of other fun challenges each month too.  Stop on by and check it out.

So this month, I've chosen to STAMP ON FLOWERS

That's right, actually stamping images onto flowers such as flowers from bouquets or leis.  I don't mean stamping a flower image onto paper.  Oh no... I mean get out those ink pads and plain flowers and bring them back to life by stamping swirls, dots, sentiments, words, etc. onto them.

Here's what I'm talking about:

And this is a closer look at stamping on flowers:

Looks like fun, doesn't it?  Have a convinced you to join in yet?

This is my example Birthday card:
There's lots of pp layers and embossing.  PLUS... I layered the stamped flowers too!  Aren't they pretty?  I love how they turned out!

I hope you'll give it a try.  You can experiment with different colors of stamp pads and various flowers too.  Some may bleed the ink a bit... others may be fine.  

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock, Other
Stamped Flowers
Sizzix Leaf Die
Clear Sticker Sentiment
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Various Stamps
Ink: A la mode Black
Sketch: Splitcoast Stampers (SC189)

This is a better photo of the embossing and layers.

Here are a couple more close ups of the stamped flowers.


I hope you enjoyed this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sketches 4 All Design Team Member



No comments:

Post a Comment