Saturday, August 3, 2013

Happy Birthday "White on White" Card

Hello there!

I'm calling these past couple of days "CARD MANIA!"  I've been making cards for challenges... and having a blast!  They're so much easier and quicker to put together than a layout.  Don't get me wrong, I love layouts... but they require more time.  And I can ALWAYS use cards!  Actually, I have way too many... but I've been giving them to friends... so now there's room to make more!  Hee hee! 

Let's start with a WHITE ON WHITE card that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Card Challenge (CC19).  You can see the challenge here.

The challenge is not just white on white, but use at least two different shades of white and at least two different textures.

Here's my "Happy Birthday" card:
I love white on white cards!  No worries about pp and matching different colors either!

I'm pretty sure I covered the requirements:
** 2 variations of white = The white cardstock and white cardboard
** 2 different textures = Flowers, cardboard sentiment & fence and embossing

Supplies used:
Paper: White Cardstock
Darice Embossing Folder
Sizzix Die Sentiment
Sizzix Fence Die
Ribbon
Cardboard Fence & Sentiment
Flowers: Home Made
Pearls
Brads

I made these flowers just the other day... so easy and fun!  All I did was cut circles out of thin fabric and singe the edges over a flame and layer them.  You can add so many different variations for the centers too.
Three brads were added in the upper left of my card. 

A new embossing folder that is so pretty!
The sentiment was created with a Sizzlit die.  I had this Sizzlit for some time and never used it! 

I weaved ribbon through the fence and looped it on one end and cut it into banners on the other end.

Hope you like my card.
Thanks so much for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment