Saturday, August 3, 2013

Happy Holidays Christmas Card

Hello,

This challenge forced me to get a jump start on my Christmas cards.  Really, for me, it's just way too soon to be thinking about Christmas!!  I'm still trying to enjoy what little we have of SUMMER!

This card was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their August Card Challenge.  You can see the challenge here.

All you have to do is create a Holiday card... whatever holiday you'd like.  There's lots of holidays to choose from.  I contemplated a July 4th card... but I made enough of them for awhile... then I thought about a Valentine's card... but I didn't "feel" like making one of those. 

So, here's my "Happy Holidays" Christmas card:
All in all, it was a fun card to make!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Ribbon
Gems
Stick Pins
Flowers
Sentiment: Inkadinkadoo
Ink: A la mode Red
Watercolor Pencils
Sketch: Splitcoast Stampers (SC247)

 
The satin ribbon was cut into a banner and three flowers with gems were added over it and two stick pins just above the flowers... on the right.
After stamping the sentiment, I used a red watercolor pencil to "fill in" the letters... which also helped them to stand out a bit more.

Three gems were added in the lower portion of my card.

Hope you like my card.
Thanks so much for stopping by! 




No comments:

Post a Comment